Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One semester down, one to go.

Last Friday Marked the academic halfway point for my trip. I've got until May to travel around Thailand and maybe check out a couple neighboring countries. After that I've got a solid 5 months of teaching. No Holidays to break it up like last this term, and the weather will be a bajillion times hotter and wetter. On the other hand I'm a little wiser, a little more experienced, all around better prepared for whats coming.
Time has been flyin recently with grading all of the final tests and entering scores. Its a blessing in disguise I feel. The workload has kept me occupied and kept my mind off of all the quality folks that I've had to say good-bye to over the course of the last week.
One of the perks to teaching abroad is meeting fun, interesting, open-minded folks along the way. The downside is that the rapid turnover rate of teach-abroad English teachers doesn't permit much time for hanging out before the inevitable departure date. Its pretty common for contracts to expire after 5 months to a year. The end of this current term seems like a mass exodus of really great people. On the flip side, I can't wait to meet the next batch of teachers in May. The rumors have been confirmed that my school is getting a couple Japanese teachers and one new English teacher to replace Tyler. The English teacher's name is Maxime. He is a large (seemingly) French-Canadian from Quebec, 23 years old, and English is his second language. Should make for an interesting next term for sure.


News:

Instead of trying to catch you up with EVERYTHING thats been going on I'm just going to post a few pictures from my recent adventures and let you use your imagination.

14.5k/9mile "fun" run. Gassed.

Yakisoba at the new kitchen.


Academic exhibition for the community.


Doi Phuka National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment