Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thank God its Friday!

Yesterday was a day off. I've had two days off so far this week. I love the time off, but I haven't taught my my Friday afternoon class more than once. Which makes me wonder what i might put on their midterm next week. Hmmmm.....

Up til this point I have been unable to successfully upload any pictures. The internet connection, the uploading software, etc. has prevented me from sharing my photos with the outside world. For that I apologise.

This morning I've been grappling with google trying to find an English version of Picasa. No matter what I type in all I get is the Thai version. I'm going to scrap the mission. If anyone out there can go to google, search Picasa, download the free version (I think its 3.6), and send me the program file via email, I could start sharing files. email it to markus.chisholm@gmail.com

News updates:
  • Construction updates: The kitchen add-on room is near completion. I'll be cooking stir fries in my wok in no time flat. There is a new road being built connecting my apartment building to the school grounds. Until now its been an uneven, winding dirt road.
  • Transportation: Purchased a legitimate motorcycle helmet. Comfy, bright red, visor, air vents. Boo Ya.
  • Weekend plans: Attending my first English camp this weekend. I'll be teaching frisbee and kickball to youngens.
  • Classroom: Everything is business as usual in the classroom. Continuing to teach to the attentive, and throw out the disruptive. An interesting dichotomy where they don't want to be there, but they don't want to leave. All the while they are a nuisance, distracting those who wish to learn. I found that throwing their backpacks out the door, works; they chase it, getting them out of my class, and I don't have to yell at them in front of the kids. Its a win-win.
  • Holidays: I have been told that I'll be acting in a Christmas play in front of the school on x-mas morning. A complete departure from the low key mornings spent with the fam in the living room. Christmas will likely be spent in Thawangpha. Booked a room and a plane ride for my new years plans in Ko Phi Phi (a small island near Phuket).

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to send you a copy of the English Pacasa now. I hope it goes through, it is a 9mb file.

    Can't wait to see your photos! Becareful of viruses on those PC's over there in Thailand. Thats not slang for something else, I mean it, it seemed like almost every PC i saw over there had some sort of virus or trojan on it. Not much you can do, especially at the cybercafes, but try not to do any credit card stuff.

    Cheers,
    Zeck K. Donahue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark,
    Sounds pretty exciting around there...thanks for getting a helmet! We leave for Arizona on Sat. the 19th. Time is really flying by. I chatted with Zeck yesterday, wanted to get wedding date. He and Ruby sound like they are doing great in B-ham! They are so cute, miss them. And I miss you! Thanks for the updates! You rock! Hang in there...teach to the living!

    ReplyDelete